Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Older photos

Mmm! Tasty!
I was assembling an album for various members of the family, and came across one or two photos worth sharing here. The first is Morgan licking my son's foot. Compare the size of their heads. Morgan viewed him as her charge, and was never anything other than gentle with him. Being an infant, my son did not always reciprocate in kind, but he always treasured Morgan. Snickers, at this point, could still see. My son is about 16 months old in this picture, and he nearly fell over giggling - you can see my wife holding him up.

There were times when Snickers would simply amble up and lie down against Morgan. His loss of sight made him much more cautious with our later dogs (and probably rightly so). Trevor is simply too kinetic for Snickers' liking. Faith may be calm enough to become a friend with time.

Must. Lick. Hand.
Morgan could also have her utterly goofy moments. Like Trevor, it was the next best thing to impossible to get her to stop once she got going licking something. The picture is worth zooming in on - Morgan's expression here makes her look positively demented. Something about her intensely focused gaze, I think. My father, here, is not quite sure what to make of her. He isn't really a dog person.
My son is 15 months here, so you can get a pretty direct size comparison. Heck, the boy is 6 years and 4 months now and he still has 20 pounds to go to match Morgan's weight here.

There is a shot around age two of my father reading to my son on our couch as my mother looks on, with Trevor resting his head in her lap. From memory, that trip was the first time she met Trevor, and he was the first dog she really liked. In fairness, Morgan and my mom aren't that far apart in weight, and her (Morgan's) head was kinda heavy.

What's that!
But I think my personal favorite from the very early years is the cat, who wasn't entirely sure what to make of the new arrival. Here he is getting his first opportunity to inspect it. Snickers also decided that my son was friendly. My son loved to dangle cat toys in front of him. Amazingly enough, Snickers can track a balloon string even today, when (so far as he can tell) Snickers is now completely blind.

1 comment:

  1. Awww such precious pictures! Thank you for sharing. Your family sure has grown up over the years.

    ReplyDelete