Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Patter Peet of Puppy Feet

The "patter peet of puppy feet". Hard to imagine life without it.

In this blog, I want to celebrate the wonderful dogs I live with and the things they teach me. My favorite breeds have been Rottweilers and Border Collies. Both breeds need experienced and self-aware handlers. On my best days I hope that I'll eventually learn how to be one of those.
Since 1989 I've adopted five dogs, two of whom are still with us:

Trevor is a Border Collie mix - probably Springer Spaniel. Smart enough to be a challenge, but not the full bore herding dog that he might have been. As a handler, I haven't done hum justice yet. Trevor recently turned five. He joined us from Atlantic Region Central Border Collie Rescue four years ago.

Faith is a pure-breed Border Collie who cannot hear. She's the dog who pushed me into finally starting this blog, and she's teaching me all over again how much I don't know as a handler. Faith just joined us from That'll Do Border Collie Rescue, and has just turned five.

We are also the property of a cat, Snickers, who is blind. Snickers has a lot to say about dogs as well.

I'll introduce all of the current and former animals properly momentarily.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogland! You have a new follower (aka cyber-stalker) via The Food Lady's Blog. I look forward to "getting to know" you and your furfamily =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Following Faith to here new home and blog. You got yourself a good girl there.

    ReplyDelete