Monday, July 30, 2012

If I move to Jamaica...

The Kingston Trio
... can I call them the Kingston Trio?

Yes, that's Tato on the left. As you can tell, the established dogs are totally up in arms about this furry interloper. Heck, they even let him eat in their kitchen this morning with no poaching. Actually, they mostly seem confused that he doesn't want to play yet.

Tato continues to settle in. This morning we had no problems in the house. I'm now inclined to think that the marking was a combination of bladder and new dog "testing" behavior, and that faith may have been the culprit on the other item I found. Unfortunately she does need work on her house training.

Puppy love?
As you can see, Trevor doesn't like Tato at all. Yes, he's leaning on him.

That's all for now. Gotta run and see what the crashing sound in the kitchen is all about.

5 comments:

  1. I'll eat my hat if Tato ever leaves! I think you have just been officially adopted (which is rather marvellous).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm. Well, first, it would really be good to get Tato back to his person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... and second, I'm not sure I have room for more than two dogs long-term.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly what I said when the emaciated kitten turned up, tried to suckle from the dog and the two older cats went ballistic. The inn is full, I said. It took about 24 hours to give him a provisional name and start to notice his positive attributes. At which point, in retrospect, I lost the battle.
    But I totally hear you. Reality is that our resources and space are limited, and our priority is to care for the animal family we already have. And, of course, if there are distraught owners somewhere they need to be found. It's so hard to remain uninvolved while doing what we can to care for the found one.

    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And of course you notice I'm playing with names. I've got to call him *something*.

    I don't think the trick is to remain uninvolved. Think about Sheena's posts over at Wootube - she's profoundly involved. I think the trick is to *be* involved, but to be committed to the dog's *long term* success. Part of which is making sure they end up in a home that can take care of them properly. That surely doesn't make letting them go any easier.

    But famous last words and all that, so let's see what happens.

    ReplyDelete