Thursday, August 2, 2012

Walk of the Pure

Somebody seems to have a fondness for pure-breds with mismatched eye color. That's my son, doing his level best to worm his way into getting a third dog. I told him that we needed to do the right thing for Tater whatever that turns out to be, but we certainly weren't getting another dog when he doesn't even walk Faith. His response was to walk both dogs.

The light tonight was incredible, but the photos didn't work out. I had a choice of shadow on Faith's face or great light but one dog or the other looking the wrong way. Sigh. And it was such nice light!

In other news, Tater turns out not to have any visible bladder stone on the X-ray, and no infection or crystals, so now we look for other possibilities to explain the blood in his urine. The next step is a full abdominal ultrasound by a radiologist. His blood sugar levels are back up to normal, though, so that's looking good. The Blue Wilderness product seems to agree with him.

While we didn't find a bladder stone, we did fine a BB in one of his knees. This guy has sure been around the block.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Border Collie and stumbled across your blog after seeing the lost dog post on Craigslist. I always search for Border Collies on Craigslist even though we can't get another. I just can't help myself! I love your blog and I love what you are doing for Tater. I fully support your son's wish of getting a third dog :) It's amazing how resilient some of these dogs are after the hell they go through. Sad to hear Tater had a BB in her knee. Terrible. Maybe it was meant to be that you found him. I'll be checking your blog daily so keep posting please! :)

    ReplyDelete